5 Quick Steps to Being Found on Google Maps
According to a Pew Research Study from 2017, around 74% of smartphone users 18 and older use their phone for directions or other location-based information.
But they don’t use just any old app… they use Google Maps! Google Maps has cornered the market as the number one consumer app for maps, so it’s absolutely critical that your business is identified correctly online.
Google recently updated its user capabilities, allowing users to finally be able to add or edit business information directly in the app or online.
This is a huge plus for many small business owners who just aren’t that tech-savvy. And speaking of, what do you do when your business isn’t showing up correctly on Google Maps? Great question! Here are 5 quick steps to ensuring your business shows up properly online:
How To Update Your Google Maps Address and Information:
- On your computer, sign into Google My Business and select the business you’re looking to update.
- Click Info from the left hand menu.
- You can edit your business’s name, category, address, service area, hours, phone number, website, attributes, photos, description, opening date, and menu or services. You can also remove a section. Keep in mind that some changes (like your name or address) may require verification or approval before they go live.
- After you make your edits, click Apply. Whatever changes you make will show an Under Review status notification.
- Review your changes and await their approval!
Improvement doesn’t stop there! Check out our blog post on Website UX for more ways on how you can improve your business’s online presence. And by all means, don’t be afraid to reach out to us for more help!