Five Fundamentals In Brand Strategy
Winning brands consistently have a strategy in place to be successful and create a meaningful impact on their audience. The road map, if you will of how to get to the place you need to go. But where do you start when developing a brand strategy for a new brand or company? Obviously, I could bore you with every micro-step and detail of how Boss Creative helps our clients with brand strategy… but then I would be giving away our famous recipe for free. So let’s break it down into a simplified version in just a few easy steps to remember.
There are five fundamentals of the brand strategy process that can help get you started on the path to success:
- Understanding Your Audience – To effectively create a successful brand, it is important to understand who you’re trying to reach with your product or service. Gather as much data about your target audience as possible including age, gender, location, and interests. Use this data to determine how best to connect with them through content, products, and services.
- Creating Your Brand Promise – Here is where you will define what you want your brand to stand. Develop a compelling mission statement that summarizes the value of your product or service and speaks directly to the needs of your target audience.
- Establishing Your Brand Identity – After determining who you’re targeting and creating your overall messaging, it is important to craft visuals associated with your brand’s identity such as logos, fonts, color schemes, and other graphic elements used in both online and offline marketing materials.
- Developing an Engagement Plan – Utilize multiple platforms such as email campaigns, webinars, videos, and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to engage potential customers and promote interaction between them and your brand. This will not only allow you to build relationships but also boost visibility for your business in front of the right people.
- Measuring Performance – Regularly monitor key performance indicators (ah, those valuable KPIs) such as sales figures, web analytics, or customer satisfaction surveys to gauge how well each component of the plan is working so you can make adjustments if needed based on feedback from consumers or other sources of market research information.
Whew, that wasn’t too bad now, was it? By taking action on these five steps in the development of a comprehensive branding strategy you can put yourself on track for building a successful business that reaches its goals by connecting authentically with its intended audience… or you could always hire a killer group of experts to tackle this for you and with you… wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Meanwhile, at Boss Creative we are always ready to help a brand in need. So feel free to reach out anytime!